Skyscanner’s Traveller Trust Awards are a world-first. Because we believe a truly great travel experience starts before anyone steps on a plane. A traveller’s first encounter with a travel provider sets the tone for the rest of the trip. And travellers should be able to trust that they’re putting themselves in good hands.
That’s why we’re recognising the travel providers who start the way they mean to go on: with fair prices, no hidden fees, and an easy, informative booking process. Our view: the best travel companies put travellers first, beginning at the beginning.
Better still, we’re not going to decide who deserves a Traveller Trust Award. The people best qualified to make that call? That’d be the travellers, of course. Our Skyscanner Quality Rating asks Skyscanner travellers to rate their booking experiences in real time, scoring the things that really matter:
● Accuracy of pricing
● Clarity about optional extras and costs
● Customer service
● Ease of booking
● Website user-friendliness
That means our awards aren’t just a bunch of industry types patting each other on the back. We’re empowering our travellers to choose the winners, by giving us their honest feedback on real-life experiences. So you know the airlines and agents that win these awards have genuinely earned them.
And we like to think that’s good for everyone. See, not only does it help travellers choose between the most trusted providers, but it helps airlines and agents understand what they're doing really well and also how they might improve. We share traveller feedback with our partners, so they can figure out what they need to work on — and be in with a chance of winning a Traveller Trust Award the next time around.
It’s all part of our promise to be a traveller-first travel company: working side-by-side with airlines and agents to create better experiences for travellers.
In fact, we hope our Traveller Trust Awards will help set new standards for the travel industry. They’re a very different sort of award. In a nutshell, that’s because they're about:
● Trust. We’re challenging travel providers to earn travellers’ confidence from their very first encounter.
● Getting it right from the start. These are the world’s first travel awards to focus on the traveller’s experience before they even step on the plane.
● Putting the traveller first. We believe our partners should be going above and beyond for travellers, beginning with those very first steps towards that dream trip.
● No bias. Feedback collected from our 70 million monthly visitors determines who wins the awards.
● Outstanding achievement. Getting consistently high ratings from travellers takes a huge amount of effort on the part of providers. That’s why these awards really mean something.
We’ll also be giving out awards to travel providers who’ve increased positive feedback by improving their services — because we know a company is only as good as its latest review.
That’s why our awards are split into two categories:
This award celebrates the airlines and agents that have provided the most outstanding booking experiences over the past year, as voted for by millions of travellers.
This award tips a hat to the airlines and agents who’ve seen the greatest increase in positive feedback from Skyscanner travellers, showing their commitment to improving services and earning traveller trust.
With the help of our data specialists, we’ve analysed Skyscanner travellers’ feedback from the past 12 months, and are pleased to announce the following winners:
Boost your traveller trust
Want to know more about how we can help with improving your ratings and being in with a chance to win an award next year? Get in touch or check out our FAQs.
*Data analysed between 07-2017 to 06-2018 to take into account the last 12 months.